HELP! connection problems... RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP AMD turion x2 64, Vista. Aside from a few glitches here and there (like a flash and then the system shuts completely down) it has been steady enough for my at home needs. I also have Traysoft internet answering machine downloaded as I'm on dial-up (dang ATT for no high speed in my area).Last Friday I went online and in a bit, my home phone rang like I was not online. I was still connected to internet at this time, but I answered the call thinking it had knocked me offline anyway as this does happen sometimes. I hung up from the call and went to go back online and I am hearing the phone line when I hit connect, but the modem is not dialing the number and I get the message that the line was not detected even though you can hear it clear as a bell. My other laptop works just great with the same line so??? The diagnostics says nothing is wrong, but I keep getting a message from another source I opened that something may be wrong with a network adapter. The ISATAP AD#7 is showing a problem, but I know what that is and why and it was there before this problem, so I don't think that's the cause. I9 know alot of people who have this problem, so any advice on what it could be, how to fix, how much it might cost, would be great. Thanks all.
    Monday, July 19, 2010 8:01 PM