none
Project server 2013 - 'Send progress for task' error on specific task RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We migrated Projects server 2010 to Projects server 2013 with the latest CU update installed: JUNE CU 2014.
    It is the second time now after the upgrade that a user can not submitted a specific task.

    This are the steps they take:

    Go to timesheets, select this specific task and click on ‘send Progress for Selected Tasks”
    Then they get an error message. (Translated to English, it is something like this:)

    An unknown error has occurred. Cannot communicate with the server

    Other tasks don’t give any errors and submit successfully.
    When I check the ULS logs, I get this error:

    PWA:https://domain/sites/icts, ServiceApp:Project Service Application, User:i:0#.w|luna\u00514, PSI: Timesheet.SubmitLines 0c6c7315-af02-e411-942f-005056941979: Rolling back transaction. Timesheet:bd5335f3-8402-e411-942c-00505694197c

    [bucketHash:493F1FF2] Exception occured in method 'TimeSheet.ProcessGridUpdates' System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Statusing.<>c__DisplayClass42.<SubmitStatusWithResult>b__3e(Guid g)     at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Statusing.SubmitStatusWithResult(Guid resid, Guid[] updateGuids, String comment)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.TimesheetSEM.SubmitLinesInternal(IEnumerable`1 lines, String comment)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.ProjectServerDatabaseTransaction.RunInTransaction(ProjectServerDatabaseTransaction transaction, TransactionCodeDelegate transactionedCode)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.ProjectServerDatabaseTransaction.Run(IPlatformContext context, DataStoreEnum store, String transactionName, TransactionCodeDelegate transactionedCode)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Timesheet.SubmitLines(IEnumerable`1 lines, String comment)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.TimeSheet.ProcessGridUpdates(Guid tsUid, String changesJson, String viewOptionsJson, Boolean submit, Guid nextApproverUid, String comment, Guid[] submitLines)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Wcf.Implementation.PWAImpl.<>c__DisplayClass16f.<TimeSheetProcessGridUpdates>b__16e()     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Wcf.Implementation.WcfMethodInvocation.InvokeBusinessObjectMethod(String businessObjectName, String methodName, IEnumerable`1 actions) StackTrace:  at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Native.dll: (sig=6ea170d1-988e-4153-9f1d-0305c0ea0309|2|microsoft.office.project.server.native.pdb, offset=3C1E) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Native.dll: (offset=1255D)

    Someone any idea what is wrong here?

    Thanks in advance,

    Johan

    Thursday, July 3, 2014 3:04 PM

All replies

  • Hi Johan,

    Do you have SEM activated?


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

    Thursday, July 3, 2014 3:47 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Guillaume,

    SEM is activated on the PWA. The problem occurred only on 2 task till now after the migration. The other tasks are fine.

    The exactly error message in English is:

    An error occurred while communicating with the server. Check connectivity with your administrator to determine whether further action is necessary

    Meanwhile I’ve created a new PWA for debugging with a copy of the project db from production. I don’t have the problem on that pwa.

    It look more like a migration problem.

    Regards,

    Johan

    Friday, July 4, 2014 8:29 AM
  • Update…

    Another user of that team can send this task successfully.
    This problem looks more user related.

    Friday, July 4, 2014 8:54 AM
  • I would rather say that it is an assignment related issue. Just delete and recreate the assignment on the task for the user in question and it should be fine.

    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

    Friday, July 4, 2014 10:56 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Guillaume,

    Problem still exists L
    Meanwhile I’m able to reproduce the problem for that user on all the task.

    Example:

    The user set ‘1h’ for task ‘A’.
    Then the user see that he takes the wrong task and remove the ‘1h’ on task ‘A’.
    Project server set automatically ‘0h’ instead for task ‘A’ and the process status became ‘Not Submitted’.
    When he send the progress for this task, the error occurred.
    (It have something to do with the '0h' that he try to send).

    We found 2 workarounds (Not a solution!):
    - First save the timesheet and resend again.
    - Or give again ‘0h’ for task ‘A’ and send again.

    I cannot reproduce this error for other users.
    Therefore I believe it is more a user related problem that's occurred during the migration.

    Regards,

    Johan

    Friday, July 4, 2014 2:27 PM
  • Indeed it might be.

    You could reset the user profile and check again.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

    Friday, July 4, 2014 3:30 PM
    Moderator