none
Having irritating problems with Intel Management Engine Interface. RRS feed

• Question

• Yellow exclamation mark on Intel Management Engine Interface. 
    Tried updating, removing, reinstalling, formating but the problem persists.
    I read here someone with the same problem but could't reply so i started a new one.
    I have Gigabyte GA-H55-S2 rev 1.3 with i3-540 on Win10 Pro (x64)

Also tried with windows 7x64 ultimate but same problem.
    And one other thing i think might be related to this problem, when I shutdown my pc it says it's shutting down, screen shuts like it should but the machine inside is still working (coolers, graphics etc.). I need to hard shut down by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds to shut down. Restarting does shutdown the pc but it boots up normally. Both shutting down and restarting takes about 30 secs each which is not normal, never had this problem before.
    Any possible solutions?
    I have tried the answers on a post here where the problem was solved but it does not solve it for me.
    Thanks forwards.

Saturday, April 8, 2017 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Droganco,

According to your description, have you update your motherboard driver from manufacturer’s official website to check?

Also I suggest that we could boot into Safe Mode to check if the issue still happens.

If it works fine in Safe Mode, it may be related to the drivers. We could try to update drivers from manufacturer.

If it’s not, I suppose that the system file may be damaged, we could try to use system restore to get an earlier state.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:36 AM
  • I have updated with drivers from gigabyte site, tried Safe Mode, reinstalled Windows 10x64 and Windows 7x64, still the same problem still occurs.
    Didn't had any problems before.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 4:45 PM
  • Hi Droganco,

Thank you for your reply.

MEI is not necessary unless your system is connected to a central network and is being managed by IT folks.  I researched a fair amount for Win 8 and concluded it doesn't matter whether you install or not.  If you do, you are likely to install several MEI Windows Services as well as the actual driver -- none of which you need.  The lack of the driver will show up in Device Manager as an exception for "PCI Simple Communications Controller".  Your system will operate just as well without it.

According to your description, you have tried lots of steps including reinstall Windows. So a driver compatibility issue which cause the driver issue.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:04 AM
  • When I had Windows 7x64 before and when I did clean a installation of Windows I always used the same installation from the original DVD Win7x64. Always used the same original drivers from the motherboard CD and i never had this problem. Even when I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 didn't have these issues. I was and I still think it could be a motherboard hardware issue, but then again I read on a lot of forums people facing the same problems and somehow they managed to work it out and solve this problem. As I said I tried those solutions, but none worked.
    P.S. Just for information about what it is in particular:
    This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A device which does not exist was specified.

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_3B641458&REV_06\3&13c0b0c5&0&B0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem4.inf

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_3B641458&REV_06\3&13c0b0c5&0&B0 requires further installation.

• Edited by Droganco Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:23 PM
    Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:18 PM
  • hi. have you resolve your problem? i have this identical issue. even same motherboard. Nothing helps. all started after i reinstall windows just to start fresh. so frustrating. Please help
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:12 AM
  • Intel says the 1st installation after the OS should bethe Chipset software/driver,this enables the OS to configure Video/Audio/Networking/etc get this from pc mfg,or Intel.com/support/drivers-software/Search..Next would be the storage controller software-driver,install others by default..
    Saturday, October 19, 2019 3:40 PM