Windows update Error 0xc1900130 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We having an issue with one of our Windows 10 clients.

When try yo update this machine get this error:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 - Error 0xc1900130

When go to the Windows updates see this message:

Your version of Windows has reached the end of support. We recommend that you update to the latest version of Windows 10 to receive the latest security features and enhancements.

I did check the version of the Windows 10 and is at 1803 and I can see that updates to the 1903 and 1909 has been failed.

Should we download and install the 1903 manually?

Shahin

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 10:14 AM

All replies

• Windows Upgrade Error Code 0xc1900130 may occur when the network connection between the client machine and the Windows Update server is interrupted, and the install cannot continue because the instance hash was not found. You may see the following message in Settings – Failed install attempt – 0xc1900130.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:35 AM
  • Thank you for your reply,

I already saw this, I will make sure machine is connected by cable and see what happens

Shahin

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:38 AM
  • Hi Shahin,

As Charles said, 0xc1900130 is an instance hash was not found error message. But for this error, I did not find a targeted solution. Before you can confirm the cause of the failure, you can consider completing the troubleshooting methods mentioned in the advanced section of the following article on the Windows 10 client: "Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10".

Secondly, if this Upgrade in WSUS cannot help you complete the function upgrade, please consider using Windows 10 Update Assistant, it can help you update to the latest version of Windows 10.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 1:28 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 17, 2020 6:16 AM
  • To get the Windows Update service working again, please try this fix:

Click your Start Button, type cmd, then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Run the following commands, one at a time and hit Enter after each one:

SC config wuauserv start= auto
    SC config bits start= auto
    SC config cryptsvc start= auto
    SC config trustedinstaller start= auto

Close Command Prompt and restart your PC

Upon restart, check to see if Windows Update is working
    Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:21 PM