use nvidea graphics card and realtek INDEPENDENTLY RRS feed

• Question

• My computer came with Windows 7, and I installed a nvidea gts 450 graphics card.  Is it possible to configure my system to use the HDMI and DVI outputs on my soundcard independently.  That is, watch and listen to a video on my tv with the HDMI port, and at the same time, watch and listen to a different video on my monitor via the DVI port/mini audio port.  My computer has 6Gb of RAM and runs at 2.7Gh.  Thanks much to anyone that can help me.
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can display different video on different screen with different port, but you cannot independently radio output to different device. At least Windows 7 cannot configure independently realtek device.  

Maybe some third party tools can achieve this. But we don’t recommend to use it because it may cause unexpected issue for Windows 7.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by bobbyr2 Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:29 PM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can display different video on different screen with different port, but you cannot independently radio output to different device. At least Windows 7 cannot configure independently realtek device.  

Maybe some third party tools can achieve this. But we don’t recommend to use it because it may cause unexpected issue for Windows 7.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by bobbyr2 Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:29 PM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:12 AM
  • Hi Leo,

Thanks for answering my question.  I can't help wondering, though, why the system was designed this way.  Having completely autonomous ports would be very practical and convenient.  Again, thanks for taking the time to respond to my post...Bob Robinson 

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:35 PM