none
IE9 plays stereo sound as multichannel RRS feed

• Question

• The topic says it all. For some reason, IE9 plays all stereo content as multichannel (5.1 in my case). How I can force IE to play stereo as stereo? Chrome seems to be working just fine, as other sound source (winamp, wmp, mpc-hc etc).

I'm running Win7 Pro x64 w/sp1 + latest updates and IE9 9.0.8112.16421

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In Internet Explorer, plug-ins take the form of ActiveX objects and Browser Helper Objects (BHOs). One commonly used plug-in for video and audio on the web is Flash Player. So I recommend you update the Flash player to the latest version.

Also please update the latest Microsoft Silverlight.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kari Hyvönen Sunday, December 1, 2013 7:25 PM
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

IE browsers use ActiveX object to host a media player.... other browsers use 'Plugins'.

media playback in ActiveX controls is affected by DirectX and the versions of device drivers you have installed.

Check that you have the latest windows updates installed and optional device driver updates.

to adjust your computer's sound properties... Start>Control Panel>Sound

In the first instance consult your company's Help desk for assistance or post consumer questions about windows or IE to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE)

Rob^_^

• Proposed as answer by 暁北Moderator Saturday, November 30, 2013 3:22 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2013 12:23 AM
  • Hi,

In Internet Explorer, plug-ins take the form of ActiveX objects and Browser Helper Objects (BHOs). One commonly used plug-in for video and audio on the web is Flash Player. So I recommend you update the Flash player to the latest version.

Also please update the latest Microsoft Silverlight.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kari Hyvönen Sunday, December 1, 2013 7:25 PM
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:27 PM
  • Hi and thanks for replies. After more investigating, this definitely seems to be flash related problem. Running silverlight/qt based sources on IE works fine, the problem only occurs with flash based players.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3289908 

Sunday, December 1, 2013 7:27 PM
  • Hi Kari,

include links to the websites you are having problems with... that way we can investigate the site and give more detailed answers.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Monday, December 2, 2013 6:03 AM