lost product key and serial number for pc RRS feed

• Question

• i have too lost my product key and my serial number for my pc but i did register with microsoft how do i find my poduct key

Monday, January 25, 2010 6:46 AM

Answers

• Hello Kay,
       You need to contact the vendor whom you purchased the PC from (Ex: Sony machine - contact Sony, HP - Contact HP) and see if they can give you, the OEM key that was on your PC. 

Thanks,
    Tanner --- This is posted as-is and has no warranty or guarantee ---
    Monday, January 25, 2010 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hello Kay,
       You need to contact the vendor whom you purchased the PC from (Ex: Sony machine - contact Sony, HP - Contact HP) and see if they can give you, the OEM key that was on your PC. 

Thanks,
    Monday, January 25, 2010 9:29 AM
  • Hello Kay,

Thanks,
    Kay, if your vendor does not help, you can always call Microsoft Support.
    Remember to mark this as an answer as this will help everybody!
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:35 AM
  • Find Your Lost Product Keys Free Simple Key is a free utility for finding your serial numbers stored somewhere in the Windows Registry, but is limited in the number of supported programs and features. Simple Key supports more than 470+ programs.And now with XML support you can add your own programs to search for. Visit:http://damosplace.x10.mx/simplekey/
    • Proposed as answer by julianoe Friday, December 30, 2011 5:56 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:22 PM