Getting Erro 7706 on Surface Pro 3 deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

When tryinig to deploy Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 i'm getting this error and task sequence fails with error 7706.

What happends is that under formating the ssd WinPE is loosing the storage driver and the ssd doesnt show up under dispart - list disk.The TS then fails.

The same thing happends when pushing F8 before you start the TS. When trying to manually format the ssd WinPE is again loosing the storage driver and looses contact with the ssd.

Have tried to regenerate the boot images by removing all drivers and then updating to the latest Surface Pro 3 driverpack and adding them back.

Have made an offline boot media that contains just Windows 10+Surface Pro 3 drivers by selection profile. Now the deployment works and no problem with storage driver.

What can i do to fix this problem?

My version of MDT is 2013 Update 2.

Greetings

Nils

Nils S. Solberg

Friday, March 18, 2016 9:00 AM

Answers

• Manage your drivers using this - http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/325/MDT-2013-Lite-Touch-Driver-Management

I'd really recommend using the Total Control method listed in that post. But what should solve your problem is having the PE selection profile for drivers. Since you're on MDT 2013 U2, substitute where it mentions PE 5.x for PE 10 and Windows 8.x for Windows 10.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nilzy Wednesday, March 30, 2016 12:52 PM
    Friday, March 18, 2016 3:04 PM