none
MDT deployment status notification via email RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to build a solution that sends an email report after every deployment. Atm I have orchestrator runbook executed after deployment that sends a detailed report via email (Computer name, serial, make, model etc.). This works very well (btw. Orchestrator is an awesome product!).

At the end of the task sequence MDT wizard shows how the deployment went (success, error, warnings)

What I dont know is how could I pass that same information to Orchestrator that MDT wizard shows after deployment. Any ideas?

Saturday, October 18, 2014 6:51 AM

Answers

• You could hook into the event logs on your MDT server. There are events generated each time a deployment succeeds, fails, or an error or warning is generated.
    • Marked as answer by DamonWH Monday, October 27, 2014 7:20 AM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 12:55 AM

All replies

• Saturday, October 18, 2014 8:07 AM
  • Here is another solution without using orchestrator:

http://deploymentbunny.com/2014/06/13/osdusing-ztisendmail-to-send-email-in-a-ltizti-task-sequence/

Thanks, but not exactly what I'm looking for. 

What I'm trying to do is that I could add a step at the end of task sequence that will be executed if task sequence fails or ends with warnings.

Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:55 PM
  • Basically the solution mentioned with Henrik does that, but not in the way you would like it to do.

The bdd.log is copied along the e-mail as attachment, and when you look at incorporating this solution, you can work with task sequence variables.

So if you are able to retrieve ERROR and WARNING succes codes from the BDD.log and summarize those into the e-mail, you've got what you want.

On the other hand, when using MDT all your production deployment's should equally succeed or fail. Using this for testing purposes doesn't make sense.

So have a look at the posted solution, look in-depth to the scripts provided with the solution, and see if you can make it fit!

Cheers!

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Monday, October 20, 2014 2:29 PM
  • You could hook into the event logs on your MDT server. There are events generated each time a deployment succeeds, fails, or an error or warning is generated.
    • Marked as answer by DamonWH Monday, October 27, 2014 7:20 AM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 12:55 AM