none
SBS 2011 Standard ISO RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know where I can download the ISO for Small Business Server 2011 Standard?  I have an existing SBS 2011 Standard server that I need to rebuild, and the only ISO I can find is for Essentials, not Standard.  All of the other links I've come across aren't valid anymore.
    • Edited by BrianG_WPSIC Saturday, November 14, 2015 1:24 PM Grammar
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 1:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Brian:

It is on MSDN but you will need an account to gain access.

www.msdn.com

Larry Struckmeyer [MVP]-- --If your question is answered please mark the response as the answer so that others can benefit.

Saturday, November 14, 2015 11:09 PM
  • What did you use for media the first time?

As Larry mentioned, you can get the iso from MSDN but that's a retail  version and may not work with your license key if your existing version is OEM.

Have you checked with any MS partners in your area to see if they have the software?

Cris Hanna, Microsoft SBS MVP, Owner-CPU Services, Belleville, IL

Sunday, November 15, 2015 2:43 AM
  • A consulting company (that we no longer work with) originally built the server for us, and I've reached out to them to see if they can provide a copy of the ISO.  We have an Open License key, so a retail/TechNet/MSDN copy is exactly what I need.

I haven't checked with any local partners yet since they're all closed for the weekend, and I was hoping to find a copy by Monday.

Sunday, November 15, 2015 2:09 PM
  • If Open License then you should be able to dl the ISO directly from the Volume Licensing Center.  If you former consulting company did not provide you with the credentials, shame on them.  It is your license, not theirs and you are entitled to it.  See if the below link rings any bells in your org.

https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/default.aspx

If not, call MS VLSC and see if they can help you.

Larry Struckmeyer [MVP]-- --If your question is answered please mark the response as the answer so that others can benefit.

Sunday, November 15, 2015 7:26 PM
  • The VLSC does not offer SBS 2011 Standard for download (but you can order physical media kits).  Other forum posts I've seen say it's because it's a 6.6GB ISO.
    Sunday, November 15, 2015 7:39 PM
  • Sorry, You are correct.  I forgot about that since I log ago ordered more physical media than I will need in my practice. 

Sunday, November 15, 2015 10:31 PM
  • Hi,

Reference below blog - Where to download SBS2011 Standard for Installation:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/uspartner_ts2team/archive/2011/01/28/where-to-download-sbs2011-standard-for-installation.aspx

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 6:05 AM
  • Eve:

Can you verify that the ISO can indeed be downloaded from Tech Net as the article describes?  As I read the TechNet site one must already have a valid subscription and no more subscriptions are being offered.  My subscription, for example, expired when it did and the short extension offered has already expired so I do not have access to the download pages.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 3:08 PM
  • Hi,

I can access the download page as displayed below. However, there is no subscription associated with my Microsoft account, and I can’t confirm that whether the download link is available:

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:20 AM