none
Windows 10 Azure Ad Connect Login issue

Question

• When starting up a new laptop out of the box we are getting a grey screen when logging in..

We boot machine, add to the wireless, then login using our Azure AD account login. it goes through he process of setting up then after a bit the screen goes grey. with only mouse cursor. I can do ctrl-alt-del and logoff. I try and log back in and same thing.

Stonecold31666

Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Grey screen seems a video card problem, does this situation occurred when you login system by a local account?

In my opinion, update graphics adapter driver at first, then make sure system is up to date(build 14393.729), after this, reboot computer in the clean boot mode and log on again.

When you log on azure ad account, please notice enter the correct PIN

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 24, 2017 5:53 AM
  • so after further testing i found it was not video. It was our webfilter. changed some rules and could get passed the grey screen to a black screen and could do ctrl-alt-del and task manager but just couldn't open anything. I restarted machine and connected to my phones hot spot and was able to log in fine. log out and reconnect to office wifi and same black screen. Our webfilter requires domain credentials to authenticate and the machine is fresh out of the box never added to the local domain. 

Stonecold31666

Friday, February 24, 2017 12:23 PM
  • Your opinion is reasonable.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 3, 2017 7:51 AM