none
not able to open excel sheet RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to connect excel sheet in the dashboard but when I click on the View button it opens the share point site. Need assistance on this. I am using Dashboard Report service to connect to sharepoint.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the data source you are using. If you need only the sheet to be opened and reference the sheet as data source then choose Import from Excel 2007 Workbook as the data source.

Regards,
    Ram

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 8:35 AM
  • I am getting following message at the time of importing the excel sheet. "There was an error intializing Excel. Please verify that Excel is properly installed and then try again"
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:14 AM
  • Hello,

What version of Excel are you using?  You need to use Excel 2007.  It may work with Excel 2003 if you have the compatability pack installed and OWC 2003 however import from excel is only supported with Excel 2007.  If you are using Excel 2007 then I would possibly look at if Excel is installed correctly.  If you try the import from another machine with Excel 07 on it does the same error occur?  If it does not then on your problem machine try a repair of office from add remove programs. 

Have a nice day,

Aseem Nayar - MSFT

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:36 PM