1920 x 1080 resolution RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 27" monitor that is connected to a docking station.  I'm using a laptop and currently I have about a 1inch border around the out side.  Was told I need the 1920 x 1080, need to get the driver for the Sony Vaio.

Any ideas?

Friday, June 3, 2011 6:26 PM

Answers

• Actually, the best solution could be installing the most up-to-date video card drivers and software for your notebook.

The manufacturer of your notebook is responsible for providing the drivers for the video card installed in the PC: go to the Sony website, locate the video drivers for your notebook model, download and install them (running the setup program as Administrator); then reboot your system, adjust (or check) the resolution and perform some tests.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    • Proposed as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, June 13, 2011 2:01 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 9:52 PM

All replies

• Then the logical place to go is to the Sony website and download the appropiate video driver for you model and series laptop from the Support section.

You will not find Sony drivers anywhere on this website as Microsoft is not responsible for writing or publishing Sony drivers!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, June 3, 2011 6:43 PM
  • Actually, the best solution could be installing the most up-to-date video card drivers and software for your notebook.

The manufacturer of your notebook is responsible for providing the drivers for the video card installed in the PC: go to the Sony website, locate the video drivers for your notebook model, download and install them (running the setup program as Administrator); then reboot your system, adjust (or check) the resolution and perform some tests.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    • Proposed as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, June 13, 2011 2:01 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 9:52 PM