Icon changes after the installing the sequenced application RRS feed

• Question

• Icon changes after installing the sequenced application. Icon which I got after manual install and the one which I got after installing the sequenced application are different.

What are the changes should I makes to get the original icon which I got during manual install

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:36 PM

Answers

• Just drop the new icon over the top of the icon you want to replace, so that it keeps the same name of the old icon. Depending on how your deployment/publishing method, there's no guarantee that existing shortcuts will be updated.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:08 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:44 PM

All replies

• Just drop the new icon over the top of the icon you want to replace, so that it keeps the same name of the old icon. Depending on how your deployment/publishing method, there's no guarantee that existing shortcuts will be updated.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:08 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:44 PM

I wanted to add the original icon to sequenced application. What are the changes should I make in the OSD file?
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:09 PM
  • If the OSD file already points to an existing icon, don't change the OSD file, just replace the icon with the new one. If you need to update and OSD file because it doesn't include an icon at all, take a look at an existing OSD file.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:11 PM