Outlook disconnects from the mail server after Domain Network is Joined RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Dear IT Pros

I'm still a noob in Servers and Advanced Outlook/Mail configurations. I had configured emails on Outlook on notebooks and recently configured a DNS Server for better connectivity in the office, file sharing, printer sharing, network control, and right after a computer joins a domain network, Outlook seems to disconnect and not send/receive anything, then when I connect to a different network, it works. I know its Part MS Server but its majorly MS Outlook as I have not configured them both to work together, and they really need to work together.

Can you Great Knowledge bearing Pros help this noob?

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    When issue occurs, please click the Send/Receive button to manually update folders to see if there are any errors.
    Besides, can you log on the web mail when computer joins a domain?
    As the network issue here, I cannot test more. I'll do more research and reply you later. 
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Regards,
    Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, December 21, 2018 8:53 AM
    Thursday, December 20, 2018 9:25 AM
  • Hi Leachie,

Does this issue happen to all users or specific user? Are you using Exchange account?

Are there any updates with this issue? If there are any error messages, please feel free to post back.

Besides, according to my research, we can also test the AutoDiscover feature of your account to see if it set correctly.

1. While Outlook is running, press and hold down the CTRL key, and then right-click the Outlook icon in the system tray or notification area on the lower-right corner of the screen.

2. From the menu, select Test E-mail AutoConfiguration.

3. Enter your email address and password.

4. Clear the Use Guessmart and Secure Guessmart Authentication check boxes.

5. Ensure that the Use Autodiscover check box is selected.

6. Click test.

Check the result tab to see if Autodiscover is detected.

Regards,
    Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, December 21, 2018 8:57 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 25, 2018 7:22 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2018 8:53 AM