none
How to activate audio conferencing in Microsoft Teams RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

One of my customers in Trinidad and Tobago is requesting Microsoft Teams audio conferencing. The would like the ability for a person to dial in to the conference call/meeting. Is this possible with Microsoft Teams? 

I found this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-the-audio-conferencing-settings-for-my-organization-in-teams on it but it doesn't clearly state if a user can dial in to a call or meeting. I tried changing the settings from Microsoft Teams Admin Centre but the conference bridge settings under Meeting settings is not available. 

Can you kindly shed some light on this please? 

Thanks in advance, 

Aslr12

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 1:34 PM

All replies

• Yes, that's what the feature is all about - allowing participants to "call in" a meeting. Read the other articles on the left to get additional details.
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:35 PM
  • Hi aslr12,

For Trinidad and Tobago, please refer to this link about availability:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/country-and-region-availability-for-audio-conferencing-and-calling-plans/availability-in-trinidad-and-tobago

Audio Conferencing:

Is Audio Conferencing available for purchase?      Yes

Are phone numbers automatically assigned for Audio Conferencing?      No

Calling Plans:

Calling Plans are available to purchase?      No

Toll and toll-free numbers for services:

What capitals or major cities can you get toll numbers for?      Not applicable

Are toll numbers available?       No

Are toll-free numbers available?      Yes

As it doesn’t have calling plans, you would need additional deployment to replace of O365 calling Plan.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:00 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:45 AM
  • Hi aslr12,

Regarding  your statement "I tried changing the settings from Microsoft Teams Admin Centre but the conference bridge settings under Meeting settings is not available. "

I assume you have procured the Audio Conferencing licenses and assigned them to the users as well? You can try to logout/login to the Teams Portal again to find the option as below:

You can also use the direct link to Conference Bridges and let us know if it helped you:

https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/meetings/conf-bridges

Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:35 AM