Provide access to specific Sharepoint 2010 document libraries without access to the rest of the site RRS feed

• Question

• We have a couple of document libraries that we want to provide extranet access to specific user accounts without granting access to the rest of the site.

The site is published via UAG and works fine for users with access to view the whole site (via a link sharepoint.mycompany.com).

The idea is to provide access to these extranet users using a link sharepoint.mycompany.com/yourdocs/yourlibrary.

If I only give the user permissions to the library they get an error when accessing via uag:

You do not have permissions to view this folder or page.

As soon as I give them read access to the rest of the site they can use the link. I don't want to do this - I only want them to be able to access the specific library.

I also want to give these guest users access to the Shared Documents libraries for certain users mysites (e.g. via a link mysite.mycompany.com/shareddocuments). The Mysite link is already published and works for ordinary end users.

Is there something I can adjust on the UAG Trunk to allow this access to work?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Darren

Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:49 AM