Project type custom fiel indicators not displaying in Project center RRS feed

• Question

• I created 2 enterprise custom field with very simple formulae, the indicators seem to be working perfectly when i view them in project professional, but they are not visible in Project center, please is there a way to rectify this.
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi joommie,

have you added the Custom Fields  to the Project Server views you want they appear in?

Go to "Server Settings/Manage views", select the views from the "Project Center" root and add the custom fields.

hope this can help you

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:16 PM
  • I have done that, they are not visible
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 1:29 PM
  • We have a similar problem - in some views, they are not visible at all, in others the values are shown instead of graphic indicators. I think it's a feature - or rather a deficiency, - of PWA.
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Hi joommie,

Have you republished the project AFTER you defined the graphical indicators? If not, do so and let us know if it makes a difference.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:59 PM
  • I have republished the project, the custom fields are supposed to be enterprise custom fields, as in, they are

type- text

entity- project

so, i'd expect that if they work fine in project professional, then they should work in PWA as well. i'm pretty confused right now.

Thursday, November 25, 2010 11:47 AM
  • Joommie:

Can we have a look at the formulas?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 1:29 PM
  • I had experienced the same problem, 2 method which works are,

1) Open MSP, Do a Recalculate (Press F9) , change some value if possible, republish the plan

if this doesn't works

2) Delete the custom field, Create it using MSP and from MSP >> Add it to enterprise , this worked for me, though i never did an RCA why it wasn't working earlier when i created the field using PWA but seems some synchronization didn't happened

Let me know if this works 

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com/
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 2:22 PM
  • Joomie:

Project and PWA do not have the same formula engine capability. Certain conditions will cause the two to evaluate the forumla differently and cause them not to display in the Project Center. I'm going to close the thread, but please re-open it if you want to post the formulas.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Monday, December 6, 2010 10:00 PM