Implementation of Custom KPIs in PPS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any way to customize the Visualization of KPIs, I mean can we show the custom graphical representation for KPIs rather than using the in-build images like traffic lights, half- gauge and so.

Thanks in Advance!!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Narayana,

Yes, there is a way to customize the Visualization of KPIs.  You can use the New Indicator Wizard in the PerformancePoint Dashboard designer and totally customize your own Indicators.  It will allow you to specify the names and images shown.  You may load your own image files.  Don't forget to make your images transparent for best results.  There is a blog about it at:

http://blogs.msdn.com/performancepoint/archive/2007/07/02/how-do-i-create-a-custom-indicator-in-m-a.aspx

Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:03 AM
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response, this would realy help me to customize the KPI  Visualization. If you can direct me to achieve the functionality as it is there in the qlick view site (http://demo.qliktech.com/qlikview/AJAX/executivedashboard/KPI_Dashboard.asp), that will be greatly appreciated.

thanks you for your great help!!

Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:00 PM
  • Narayana,

The link you provided demonstrates the use of a Guage report view control, where the Guage needle is used to communicate the status and the banding of the performance indicator.  I'm familiar with that kind of control (through SAP, Business Objects, Xcelsius).  Right out of the box, PPS 2007 doesn't have a Guage report view control. 

You could use the Indicator Wizard upload image files into a new custom indicator (like I discussed above), but that would result in your guages being one image per band, the needle wouldn't move to the precise number at all.  So this probably isn't what you want.

Instead, you probably would want to create a custom Guage report view control yourself.  I have a blog about that at:

http://blogs.msdn.com/performancepoint/archive/2007/09/17/creating-a-custom-report-view-plug-in-for-performancepoint-server-2007-code-sample.aspx

-Eric

Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:17 PM
  •  

Thanks Eric,

When I am trying to build the project, am getting some compilation errors due to the lake of references for

"Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.." kind of thing.. I guess  i need to have some SDK related to PerformancePoint server, if i am right then where can i find that SDK to download.

I deeply thank for you help!!

Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:41 PM
  • The Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards should be available to you now, you have to reference some PerformancePoint assemlies.  There are instructions how to configure your dev environment in the code sample.  Please see the ReadMe files inside the zip.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:46 PM