DCP Logs processed but only between 1 and 50 KByte error code 1073742848 RRS feed

Answers

• Hello,

when you deploy the DCP it will report two kinds of files back to the fileshare: Inventory/Compatibility data and data about its own status. The small files (normaly named Status_xyz.xml) just contain the status of the DCP (successfully installed&reporting, normal operation, specified period ended, uninstalled). So, the small files are totally normal. The error code is a bit confusing, but basically says "everthing normal". I have the same error codes in my status-files. If all files are successully imported, you have not to worry about them.

The status of the DCPs can be seen in Application Compatibility Manager >  Collect > By Status.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Daniel Meili Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, May 27, 2011 7:17 AM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,

when you deploy the DCP it will report two kinds of files back to the fileshare: Inventory/Compatibility data and data about its own status. The small files (normaly named Status_xyz.xml) just contain the status of the DCP (successfully installed&reporting, normal operation, specified period ended, uninstalled). So, the small files are totally normal. The error code is a bit confusing, but basically says "everthing normal". I have the same error codes in my status-files. If all files are successully imported, you have not to worry about them.

The status of the DCPs can be seen in Application Compatibility Manager >  Collect > By Status.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Daniel Meili Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, May 27, 2011 7:17 AM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:06 PM
  • Thank you for your answer,

Okay now in ACT Manager i got 25 computers and all completed although in my processed folder ACT_LOGS, i got 339 files ~1-5MB ("BKT_xyz.xml") from 49 Computers. Shouldn't i have also 49 computers in ACT Manager, are there any known issues that ACT hasn't imported LOGs into the database but although put them into the processed folder? 

Daniel Meili
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:18 AM