none
Display only the changes over time for a group/record RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working with a data set in which there is a list of customers, and each customer is assigned a rating. These ratings can be either "Low", "Medium", or "High", and each month, a snapshot of the customer base is taken on a specific date (MM/DD/YYYY) and recorded. So, over time, we can see each customer and their rating over time.

The data is stored in one large fact table in which every row has a date, customer number, and rating. I have grouped this data by the customer number and pivoted out the ratings by date so that we can see each unique customer and their assigned rating over time. This is good, but since we work with a large amount of customers and are only concerned with the changes in ratings, it would be great to be able to query only clients whose rating has changed from the most previous month to the current month. In particular, we are interested in seeing the clients who have had their rating changed from High to Medium or Medium to High from the most previous month to the most current month.

So far, I have had no luck in finding a solution. Does anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Stump

Friday, November 24, 2017 8:17 PM

Answers

All replies