none
Exchange 2010 DAG Incremental Backup through DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Exchange 2010 Message Environement and installed Dpm 2010 for backup solution. I configured DAG backup. I have scheduled Syncronization frequency 6 Hours and Express full Back up for all days.

Now, I am facing Disk space problem in the DPM Server frequently. Is it possible to configure Incremental Backup for Monday to Friday and Weekly full Backup ?

Can you please suggest how to configure DAG Backup in DPM 2010 and what is the Best Practices method to use Exchange 2010 DAG Backup.

I am planning to do daily incremental & Weekly full Backup.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Manojkumar

Monday, November 14, 2011 2:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Manojkumar,

To provide quick recoveries of Exchange data, DPM must periodically do an express full backup. Once a day is a good practice.

If you don't have enought space to support your backup strategy you should considere to decrease your retention range or upgrade your DPM storage pool by adding new disk/lun.

Stéphane.

Monday, December 12, 2011 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hi All,

Any suggestion. I am struggling to configure DAG Backup.

Please help.

Monday, November 21, 2011 12:28 PM
  • Hi Manojkumar,

To provide quick recoveries of Exchange data, DPM must periodically do an express full backup. Once a day is a good practice.

If you don't have enought space to support your backup strategy you should considere to decrease your retention range or upgrade your DPM storage pool by adding new disk/lun.

Stéphane.

Monday, December 12, 2011 1:57 PM