sharepoint PPS how to create folder in dashboard designer RRS feed

• Question

• Please bear with me as i am kind of new to PPS

I am not able to understand how the folder are organized in dashboard designer as i could not find a way to create a new Folder. If i want to create a new page in the dashboard and organize KPI, Scorecards and Reports in seperate folders how do i do that?

also not sure how the properties are created in scorecard when you select scorecard on left side in dashboard designer the right vertical window shows properties how to add or edit it?

Basically my requirement is create a new page a create KPI's Scorecard including all the KPI's and then create a detail report below scorecard when someone clicks on scorecard it would take all the cell level parameters and show the details in the detail report? any help is greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To create (or use) folders you need to write its name in the property tab of the item in the main panel of Dashboard Designer

The property name is "Display Folder" and it can also be bulk edited if you want to move many items to the same folder.

Hope it helps

cheers

Régis

Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014 11:47 AM
  • Hi,

As for your other requirement,you need to follow the below steps.

You need to create a KPI details report .Then on the Dashboard ,drag your scorecard and KPI details report that you created next to the scorecard.Now,click on create connection option of your KPI details report (located somewhere to the right ), a window pops up.Now,in the Items tab ,under the Get Values from  Option choose the name of your scorecard from the dropdown options.On the Values Tab,Under the Source Value option select Cell:Context option.Click ok.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:34 AM