none
Sharepoint spontaneously deleting external users

Question

• Our Office 365 sharepoint site has about 160 external users.  Users routinely email me saying that they've logged in before, but can't anymore.  I'll check my records and see that they have indeed logged in before but they're not listed in the "People and Groups" area of the site at all.  Is there some sort of time limit after which sharepoint cancels their access?   
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

SharePoint won’t delete external users automatically.

Firstly, please access Office 365 Admin center > Active users to check if these users have been deleted from O365.

If users have logged in SharePoint site, they would be created in User Information List (_catalogs/users/simple.aspx). You can access User Information List to check for these users.

It seems that these users don’t have permission to access SharePoint site now. Please access Site Settings > Site permissions > click Check Permissions to check for these users’ permissions.

Feel free to reply if there is any update.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by tim.clark.pe Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:52 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

SharePoint won’t delete external users automatically.

Firstly, please access Office 365 Admin center > Active users to check if these users have been deleted from O365.

If users have logged in SharePoint site, they would be created in User Information List (_catalogs/users/simple.aspx). You can access User Information List to check for these users.

It seems that these users don’t have permission to access SharePoint site now. Please access Site Settings > Site permissions > click Check Permissions to check for these users’ permissions.

Feel free to reply if there is any update.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by tim.clark.pe Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:52 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:14 AM
  • After further digging I've learned that one of the admins deleted nearly all external users because they appeared to be inactive.  So that solves it.  
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:52 PM