none
Windows 10 - E drive not accessible , asking 48 digit bit locker password RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have had problem on my Dell laptop when I start my laptop, the Windows was crashed with no reason and it was requesting  for the restore factory settings . As soon as the restore settings completed, I am unable to access my E drive, asking 48 digit bit locker password. Also I am getting hell lot of slowness. Please note now I have all of the latest Windows update are available and also the Windows Defender is having up-to-date windows related patches. Please advise how to resolve the 48 digit bit locker issues.

Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:18 AM

All replies

• Find my BitLocker recovery key

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Sunday, July 7, 2019 12:50 PM
  • Hi,

BitLocker doesn't get activated until someone either manually saves the recovery key, you join a corporate domain, or you sign on with a MS account.

If you cannot find any BitLocker password, I’m afraid you'll need to reset your PC.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 8, 2019 7:53 AM
  • Hi,
    Was your issue solved?
    If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, July 21, 2019 7:17 PM