document library to upload multiple documents for single item???? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement to create a Video gallery. For that, i have to create a document library with columns 

1)video file - to be uploaded from local machine by browse option

2) thumbnail image of video file - to be uploaded from local machine by browse option

3) caption1 - single line 

but while creating doc library I can able to upload a single file(single column) to single listitem.

is there any way to have more than one columns for uploading from machine?? 

is there any way to have multiple files(multiple columns) to single listitem.??

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:18 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You can upload multiple videos at a time by using "open with explorer" OR by selecting "upload multiple documents" option from ribbon but unfortunately you can't add other columns data with the file.

For this you have to write code where you can use custom file upload control to upload multiple files with column metadata.

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:08 AM
  • When you upload the documents, you can edit the columns of all documents directly in explorer table like Excel, its not necassary to edit one by one, can also create a new Explorer View to make in the same page all items, beacause by defaut the max line is 30 items per page, note please that can just edit 100 by 100 in the same transaction, i alerady use this to change more than 280 items.

You can also make the same value by drag and grop the content of cell, refer you to sorting if necessary

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can upload multiple videos at a time by using "open with explorer" OR by selecting "upload multiple documents" option from ribbon but unfortunately you can't add other columns data with the file.

For this you have to write code where you can use custom file upload control to upload multiple files with column metadata.

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:08 AM
  • When you upload the documents, you can edit the columns of all documents directly in explorer table like Excel, its not necassary to edit one by one, can also create a new Explorer View to make in the same page all items, beacause by defaut the max line is 30 items per page, note please that can just edit 100 by 100 in the same transaction, i alerady use this to change more than 280 items.

You can also make the same value by drag and grop the content of cell, refer you to sorting if necessary

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:19 AM