Can't access UAG endpoint policy settings RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason the endpoint policy settings are greyed out on my UAG server. I can't change them in the portal trunk configuration or in the application settings. I'm domain admin and local admin and able to access all other settings. Anyone an idea on how to enable these settings?
    Friday, July 6, 2012 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please can you ensure that you have not disabled the client detection for the trunk.  To check this open the Advanced Trunk Configuration (click Configure under the initial application drop down), go to the session tab and ensure that you have not checked 'Disable component installation and activation'.  If you need to change this check box you will need to activate the configuration for the change to be made effective.

Regards,

Sean.

Sean Seaman IT Security Consultant Sapphire

• Marked as answer by DS_Kevin Friday, July 6, 2012 1:18 PM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please can you ensure that you have not disabled the client detection for the trunk.  To check this open the Advanced Trunk Configuration (click Configure under the initial application drop down), go to the session tab and ensure that you have not checked 'Disable component installation and activation'.  If you need to change this check box you will need to activate the configuration for the change to be made effective.

Regards,

Sean.

• Marked as answer by DS_Kevin Friday, July 6, 2012 1:18 PM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 11:46 AM
  • Hi Sean, thanks for you reply. The 'Disable component installation and activation' was checked indeed. Now my initial problem was to enable clipboard redirection for RDP. In this thread http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/forefrontedgeiag/thread/6892b844-13c6-495b-a8f2-327c2be1e2ba/ they say you should edit the policies. Is there another way to enable clipboard redirection if client detection is disabled?
    Friday, July 6, 2012 12:03 PM
  • Hi,

Unfortunately I don't believe that this is possible without the UAG Client Detection Mechanism as mapping of local resources to a TS session through UAG is controlled by the UAG Policy Engine.  This is a security feature of UAG as is allows you to control/limit access to local resources as if you have not scanned the endpoint which is running the TS Session how do you know that the endpoint is NOT infected with a virus/spyware etc?

Regards,

Sean.

Friday, July 6, 2012 1:13 PM
  • Ok Sean, that makes sense, thanks!
    Friday, July 6, 2012 1:18 PM