Can Microsoft please invite me 2 the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Private Beta? Thanks in advance!

General discussion

• Can Microsoft please invite me 2 the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Private Beta? Thanks in advance!
    Microsoft Beta Tester.
    Saturday, December 25, 2010 2:06 AM

All replies

• Sp1 will be released in Q2011, so its a bit to late to join the beta test.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Saturday, December 25, 2010 1:37 PM
  • Not only what you say, Andre, but if this IT Professional(?) doesn't know where the Microsoft website is to volunteer for private betas he'll never, ever recieve an invitation!  I personally have never heard of posting in a public peer-to-peer forum to "volunteer" for a private beta.

Sounds like something Kevin J. Panski would do.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, December 25, 2010 8:02 PM
  • I DO KNOW WHERE ALL THE PRIVATE BETA'S ARE LOCATED, THE PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN GETTING INVITED 2 ANY OF THEM, THIS IS EVEN THOUGH I PARTICIPATED IN WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2 PRIVATE BETA, WINDOWS SERVER 2003 SERVICE PACK ONE PRIVATE BETA, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST WINDOWS CODE NAME LONG HORN PRIVATE BETA! ALL THE BETA INVITES STOPPED COMING IN SHORTLY AFTER THAT BETA! JUST FYI!
    Microsoft Beta Tester.
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 3:46 AM
  • I DO KNOW WHERE ALL THE PRIVATE BETA'S ARE LOCATED, THE PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN GETTING INVITED 2 ANY OF THEM, THIS IS EVEN THOUGH I PARTICIPATED IN WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2 PRIVATE BETA, WINDOWS SERVER 2003 SERVICE PACK ONE PRIVATE BETA, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST WINDOWS CODE NAME LONG HORN PRIVATE BETA! ALL THE BETA INVITES STOPPED COMING IN SHORTLY AFTER THAT BETA! JUST FYI!
    Microsoft Beta Tester.

Your reputation is infamous, Kevin.  You rant and rave about almost anything.  You even swore off Microsoft a couple of years ago when you weren't "invited" to some private beta after lambasting Microsoft over some dispute you had with them.  I have been following your saga for several years.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Kevin!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 2:22 PM
  • "its a bit to late to join the beta test."

"I personally have never heard of posting in a public peer-to-peer forum to "volunteer" for a private beta."

How to apply to become a beta tester for Microsoft   (kb833520)

Monday, December 27, 2010 8:18 PM
  • Well, Kevin, you have definitely maintained your reputaion as a Master Beta!  I honestly thought you were older than you act.  Your Specials 4 XMAS appear to have been posted by someone who has not yet attained adolescence!  Will you be eligible for your Bar Mitvah next year?
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 6:02 PM
  • Windows 7 Sp1 is finished. Build 7601.17514.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850 is the RTM. You are too late to join the test. Wait for the Sp2 and try to get an invite.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 8:18 PM
  • Ah.  Finally a bump.  But you gentlemen overlooked my submission.

Would anybody like to explain these instructions, step by step, please?

Sunday, January 2, 2011 9:10 PM
  • Ah.  Finally a bump.  But you gentlemen overlooked my submission.

Would anybody like to explain these instructions, step by step, please?

What is there to explain?

To apply to become a beta tester for Microsoft Corporation, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://connect.microsoft.com (http://connect.microsoft.com)
    Use your Microsoft Passport Network credentials (the e-mail address and password that you use to sign in to the Passport Network) to sign in.

If you do not have a Microsoft Passport Network account, visit the following Microsoft Web site to create one:
    http://www.passport.com (http://www.passport.com)
    After you sign in to your Passport Network account, your request will be forwarded to the appropriate product group for review and consideration.

Because of the volume of requests that is received, you will be contacted only if you are chosen to participate.
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 10:06 PM
  • You use whatever ID gets you into Microsoft.  Live ID is one terminlogy, Passport is another.

I am not holding back anything.  Once you have logged in and gone to https://connect.microsoft.com/ you click on Directory in the upper right and any and all current programs are listed there.  If there is one you want to volunteer for you select it you click on Apply in the right hand column.

If English is not your native language and you don't comprehend what is posted, then make sure you select the Microsoft Connect website that is in your native language.

So exactly what is there to explain?  My native language is English and I just follow the instructions!  I found all this information without anyone holding my hand and telling me what to do.  I read it all for my self!  If there was anything "hidden" then how do millions of others find their way?

Sunday, January 2, 2011 11:44 PM
  • That is because now a days You need 2 be invited by MSFT's E-mail Ivite System 2 participate in things like Windows 7 SP1, Microsoft Office 2010 SP1, and MSIE 9.0 Beta, which can be pretty difficult now a days, expecially since MSFT was recently accused of losing Windows Live Hotmail Member's Incoming and Outgoing E-mail's (I use <removed> 4 my MSFT Connect Registration and I have NOT been getting any E-mails fom MSFT Connect's Alias Recently), 4 the whole story on MSFT's E-mail Mistake see today's edition of Neowin.Net! I would have 2 say that it has been going on longer than New Years Eve, as in Late October I tried 2 forward an E-mail 2 my Dad from <removed> through my <Removed> Alias, and it never even got there! Just FYI! P.S. Nowadays only Microsoft's Elete MVP Member's get invited to the above mentioned Beta's, which is way I am now using Apple Boot Camp (and only till my 4G LTE USB Modem starts getting supported by Verizon Wireless on Mac OSX Snow Leopard) 2 run Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RC1! After that it very well may be Bye Bye MSFT! Hello Mac and Linux!
    Microsoft Beta Tester.
    Monday, January 3, 2011 3:00 AM

• Windows 7 Sp1 is finished. Build 7601.17514.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850 is the RTM. You are too late to join the test. Wait for the Sp2 and try to get an invite.

So Ziegler, you apparently have inside connections.

Maybe you will offer step-by-step instructions to becoming a beta-tester.

A few more details beyond "try to get an invite" please.
    Monday, January 3, 2011 11:48 PM
  •    There is no sure-fire way. It is by invitation. You can let Microsoft know that you are interested (as outlined by Rick above) but there is no quarantee that you will be accepted. It is up to the product group.

Bill
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 1:32 AM