none
DISM Error: 1, incorrect function RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm trying to deploy Internet Explorer 11 (32-bits), for several workstations (Win 7, 32bits).

Installing all the prerequisite by clicking it won't do, as it will just return errors.

While installing IE11.exe installer won't complete.

So I made all the prerequisite and IE11.exe to cab files.

Then inject all the necessary updates with command:

dism /online /add-package /packagepath:\\serverpath\AllTheCabFiles.cab /quiet /norestart

This trick is successful with Win 7, 64 bits, but not 32 bits.

It will show Error: 1, incorrect function.

In fact, just running a harmless DISM command like dism /cleanup-wim /quiet will evoke the same error.

I've tried sfc /scannow and checkdsk with no error, but I'm running out of options.

I'm trying to run the cabfiles through Pkgmgr, but it has been deprecated.

I've ran through all the windows update, but it's missing the important update necessary for IE11.

Any insight to this?

Cheers.

• Edited by VicViP Friday, October 7, 2016 5:46 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 5:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I noticed the error message, I found several users who had the similar issue as yours, please refer to the link:

DISM Error 1 Incorrect Function:

http://superuser.com/questions/1087495/dism-error-1-incorrect-function

Windows 10 DISM.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Error:582

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/18373-windows-10-dism-exe-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth-error-582-a.html

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 10, 2016 9:21 AM
  • Hi Tao,

Thanks for replying. I've read those 2 threads prior posting.

The thread in superuser suggests a reboot, while the thread in sysnative suggests windows re-installation.

I did tried rebooting, but it didn't solve the issue. Obviously reimaging these windows would definitely resolve the issue, but I'm trying to find a way to make this work.
    I'll try to play around a bit more, but to be honest, this issue won't be solve anytime soon.

Monday, October 10, 2016 10:51 PM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 2:41 AM
  • Hi Tao,

I have yet to find a solution to this issue.

I'm just thinking that our Windows 7 32bits image is not functional with dism command.

Even with a simple DISM command, it won't even show anything in C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

• Edited by VicViP Monday, October 17, 2016 6:34 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 6:20 AM
  • Yes, I think you are right, I will introduce this experience to other forum users who face the same condition. Please mark the reply to close this case:)

• Marked as answer by VicViP Monday, October 17, 2016 6:48 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 6:32 AM
  • The first link doesnt work

Monday, December 18, 2017 7:21 PM