EPG not updating RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 XP machines, both with service pack 3, an updated EPG has not been downloaded for 10 days.  The last one is dated 3/7/2014.  Every time I try to manually download, the message comes back that the guide is up to date, on both machines.  Please advise if Microsoft is discontinuing this service for XP or if there is some other problem.  There is no data after 3/22/2014, therefore any recording will have to be done manually, which makes it kind of pointless as a DVR.  Thank you.
    Monday, March 17, 2014 4:41 PM

Answers

• LOL, someone's ears were burning....  I just checked the regular download and it's fixed now, 3/17 thru 3/31.  Thanks to whoever fixed it!
    • Marked as answer by xp addict Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:55 AM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:53 AM

All replies

• Did you try using this : http://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcollector/

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:28 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, Arnav.  Yes, I had come across epgcollector (love those guys at sourceforge.net!) during my research, and hopefully I will be able to use it as a backup option to work with WMC.  However, I now suspect the problem may be similiar to earlier problems experienced by users in the UK last year.  Do you happen to know the data source that epgcollector uses, and if it can pull a couple weeks of data at a time for scheduling purposes?

I'm not sure how many people this will affect, I'm sure there must still be some who use the Media Center as a DVR, but I don't see alot of chatter on this yet.  Maybe users don't know where to ask for help or haven't noticed missing recordings yet.  If anyone reading this post can check their listing end dates to see if they extend past 3/22, that would be helpful, and if they do, what program they are using.  Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:24 PM
  • LOL, someone's ears were burning....  I just checked the regular download and it's fixed now, 3/17 thru 3/31.  Thanks to whoever fixed it!
    • Marked as answer by xp addict Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:55 AM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:53 AM