Reporting (Timesheet Save) job fails RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently completed a data conversion from our legacy Timesheet system to Project Server 2010, using the WCF WebServices. The config is Server 2010 base (no CU installed).

This was largely successful and I was able to create all the Projects/Tasks/Assignments and custom field entries but I ran into a problem which (I think) was caused by special characters in timesheet notes - specifically the & character.

The problem I now face is that the Published and Reporting databases are out of synch. From what I can see, it looks as if a 'Send Timesheet' job gets broken up into a number of related jobs. I understand that this is perhaps a good way to handle the various updates that occur across the databases.

If the Reporting part of the data gets out of synch, then it seems logical that it would be caused by the Reporting job failing - which I have seen happen.

My question is - is there a bug here or does the system specifically allow jobs to 'partially fail'? would it not be better to fail all related jobs if the Reporting jobs fail?

Thursday, December 9, 2010 11:28 PM