Touchscreen capability malfunction RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a problem with my touch screen feature. The driver is there, but I don't think it works anymore. Every time I uninstall the driver, it comes back immediately. Also, under the display drop-down box, which is in the display options of the Tablet PC Settings, it only shows the Mobile PC Display feature and nothing else. Additionally, I found out that the tablet buttons were not installed. Moreover, the driver is missing in the registry. So basically the touch screen/tablet driver is missing almost everywhere in my computer. What can I do about all of this?

Jay Burch

Sunday, October 30, 2016 6:53 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

First of all, please run the "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" command to scan and repair the system components. If you bought a computer with Windows 10 already installed, your device manufacturer website should have released the Windows 10 compatible driver for your machine model. Download and install from manufacturer website to have a try.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 3:00 AM

All replies

• So uninstalling the Driver how was that done? In Device Manager did you double click the device and on the Driver tab click uninstall? If not try that and reboot see if that helps.

If not what device? Have you removed any device related software and downloaded the latest version from the manufactures website and installed that?

Sunday, October 30, 2016 9:35 PM
  • First, I tried to uninstall in normal mode, and rebooted, but that did not work. Next, I tried to uninstall in Safe Mode, but it comes back, like nothing happened, and it was still malfunctioning. And that was for all of the HID drivers. That's why I need to at least know how to install tablet drivers buttons. There was a warning dialog box that once said "Tablet Drivers are not installed on this computer."

Jay Burch

• Edited by Jay Burch Monday, October 31, 2016 12:13 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2016 12:12 AM
  • Hi ,

First of all, please run the "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" command to scan and repair the system components. If you bought a computer with Windows 10 already installed, your device manufacturer website should have released the Windows 10 compatible driver for your machine model. Download and install from manufacturer website to have a try.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 3:00 AM