Publishing CWA on Forefront UAG RRS feed

• Question

• I've successfully created a CWA server that is accessible via my network. I have also built a UAG server and I have successfully created a trunk specifically for CWA and then created the application within the trunk, I am unable to sign into CWA from outside.

I am able to access the portal page (trunk) that I created from an outside computer and am able to successfully able to log into the portal and am then given the menu where I may select the CWA application. Once I select the application to run, I receive a message stating "You are not authorized to access this application."

After reviewing the web monitor on the UAG server I see an error that states:

"Warning 07/16/2010 17:10:22 57 Unrecognized Application Security cwa (S) uagserver A request from source IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to trunk cwa; Secure=1 failed because the application server, port, or path is configured incorrectly. The URL is https://servername.domain.local:443/"

Everything seems to be in order but It just won't allow me to sign into CWA nor will it forward on the credentials from the portal log in.

Friday, July 16, 2010 11:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When publishing a CWA server via UAG, it is important to configure an "external" site in the CWA server, and then publish THAT site (and not the "internal" one). You will not be able to use SSO with it, but it should work fine. Please try.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:37 AM
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:37 AM