Program “stopped working” after switching back RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to ask a question on the “stopped working” message of a program in Windows 7.

In order to prevent my ATI Radeon graphic card from overheating, I disabled most of the visual appearance options in System properties->Advanced->Performance options.

I am using an Adobe Acrobat alternative called PDF-XChange Viewer, which runs smoothly before doing the abovementioned change. But after making the change,  if I am keeping several instances of that program open and working in other application for some time and then switch back to the PDF viewer, I often get “PDF-Xchange Viewer has stopped working” message and was forced to close it.

Screenshot of the message and "Performance options" settings

Does anyone know the cause and fix to this problem?

Bob

Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks  for the post!

According to your description, after you made the change, the issue happened. It could be some visual performance settings influence this program. I recommend you uncheck the visual effects box one by one to check which could cause that.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:42 AM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:59 AM