1703 No Audio after Sysprep RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so I have decided to build a lab with 1703, build the image as normal and sysprep'd with my answer file that tells it to keep the drivers, however once I boot up a imaged machine I have 2 audio devices saying code 39... I dig a bit further and it seems hdaudbus.sys has lost its verification. I created a new image with slightly different (older drivers, which I know worked with 1607) and the same outcome.

I can get around it by stopping the windows audio service, removing the devices from device manager, copying a working hdaudbus.sys from another machine, starting the service back up and running a detection for new devices, but I shouldn't have to.

Anyone with similar problems?

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

Did your answer file contain PersistAllDeviceInstalls in generalize pass?

<settings pass="generalize">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep">
    <PersistAllDeviceInstalls>true</PersistAllDeviceInstalls>
    </component>

Are the hardware and hardware configuration on the reference computer and destination computer identical?

Avoid using the PersistAllDeviceInstalls setting when the hardware and the hardware configuration on the reference computer are not identical to the destination computers.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 6:24 AM
  • Yes it does as we do all our images like that specific for specific hardware. The hardware is identical.
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 9:44 AM