Solved. office 2007 Language Package sequence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I used App-V 4.5, and followed the guide of http://blogs.technet.com/softgrid/archive/2009/01/20/sequencing-microsoft-office-2007-core-with-multiple-language-packs-via-dsc.aspx

I installed office 2007 on a clean sequencer first, and then sequenced an Chinese Office Language Package, however, after sequenced, I got only one application, notepad.exe, also it was the unique OSD file finally. Although It woked well with my Core Office 2007 package, I could changed language from English interface to Chinese in my Softgrid Client, but is it a strange thing?

should I keep the notepad? what's you suggestion?May I know waht do you get?thanks and waitting for your early reply.

• Edited by good123yeah Monday, February 2, 2009 11:20 PM
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Sound like everything worked as expected.

Sometimes Sequencer picks up extra shortcuts (like your notepad) because you have used those applications during monitoring. While normally you can just delete them away, I have discovered that with Dynamic Suiting you have to keep/publish at least one application from the package you intend to suite in with another main package, but you don't have to actually place that application shortcut to anywhere. This is because when client requests secondary (and so forth) package during DSC operation, server needs to check your access rights to that secondary package and in Management Console, only applications have access right to it..

So, you can safely ignore the notepad but keep it published so that the DSC works!

br,
    Kalle
    • Marked as answer by good123yeah Monday, February 2, 2009 11:18 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2009 12:44 PM
  •  yes, actually,if you sequenced it and opened word or excel to check it, you will get such word or excel as well. it is normal, because sequencer server need a real application to secquence, in order to get files like osd format file finally, to some extent, you can ingore it, because your application works!
    论坛里互相帮助,假如觉得我的回帖有用,请在我回帖上方点一下标记为答复按纽,以及选帖子内容有帮助。论坛新开的虚拟化版,有空请来支持一下
    Monday, February 2, 2009 1:14 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Sound like everything worked as expected.

Sometimes Sequencer picks up extra shortcuts (like your notepad) because you have used those applications during monitoring. While normally you can just delete them away, I have discovered that with Dynamic Suiting you have to keep/publish at least one application from the package you intend to suite in with another main package, but you don't have to actually place that application shortcut to anywhere. This is because when client requests secondary (and so forth) package during DSC operation, server needs to check your access rights to that secondary package and in Management Console, only applications have access right to it..

So, you can safely ignore the notepad but keep it published so that the DSC works!

br,
    Kalle
    Monday, February 2, 2009 12:44 PM
  •  yes, actually,if you sequenced it and opened word or excel to check it, you will get such word or excel as well. it is normal, because sequencer server need a real application to secquence, in order to get files like osd format file finally, to some extent, you can ingore it, because your application works!
    论坛里互相帮助,假如觉得我的回帖有用,请在我回帖上方点一下标记为答复按纽,以及选帖子内容有帮助。论坛新开的虚拟化版,有空请来支持一下
    Monday, February 2, 2009 1:14 PM
  •  Hi,

This is my view about your question. Notepad.exe is just a FTA for your application. It would not create a shortcut but it would have File type associations along with it. You could keep notepad.exe in your package.
    J.Caleb Kirubakaran
    Friday, February 6, 2009 10:04 AM