Sharepoint stores different time for different interface RRS feed

• Question

• When I add a list item via SharePoint where only date is entered, the item is stored into SQL database at the UTC date (2015-04-27 00:00:000), but for certain users when the same list item is added, the exact time is being updated to SQL Database (2015-04-27 09:44:15) which is not desired. All the list item should be updated to reflect the date alone and not the time. I understand this has something to do with the interface (views) certain users use to update the list. Please advise.

Monday, April 27, 2015 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

try to set the field (list settings -> field properties) that you want in your SharePoint list to only allow Date not DateTime.

Best regards.

Monday, April 27, 2015 9:50 AM
  • Hi, You mean this should be done on each user?

Can anything be done on database itself?

Monday, April 27, 2015 9:57 AM
  • I'm talking about SharePoint and SharePoint List, you should NEVER modify the SharePoint Database.. 

You were talking about when user adds new item from SharePoint.. you need to edit the field in the list in SharePoint.

Go to SharePoint -> Your list -> then List Settings -> and modify the date field properties to only allow DATE not Date & Time.

Monday, April 27, 2015 10:00 AM
  • Editing the list in the list in sharepoint, means, for each user, the mentioned property should be set right?

Please excuse me as I am relatively new to the field.

And I don't mean to modify the database, but select another column that displays the datetime identical for all users.

Monday, April 27, 2015 10:04 AM
  • When you modify sharepoint fields properties, the changes apply to all users at once, it apply to the list.

When you set a DateTime field in SharePoint to only allow Date, in the SharePoint database the value is stored exactly as you want .. without time.. the time for that date will be  00:00:000 . 

Monday, April 27, 2015 10:08 AM
  • Ask the guys here: http://partnersupport.microsoft.com/en-us/mpnpartnermem

And here maybe: https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/us/Pages/Support/Premium/contact-support.aspx

Btw, post another thread for different questions.. 

Best regards.

Monday, April 27, 2015 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

I tried this, even after the date field being set to Date only some of the list items are being updated with the time as well.

Monday, May 4, 2015 12:11 PM