Inserting image in a News template page from a different site collection RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am using SharePoint Online.

I have created a news article page in that i need to add an image from different site collection.

while being in the page content i click on Link option available in the top ribbon of the page, from there i select the option

"From SharePoint" i can see all the document libraries & Pages folder of the same site collection and not the site collection where i have the image, i don't want to visit to different site collection where i have the images.

staying in the same site collection in the News template page can i insert an image from a different sitecollection.

Thanks

Roopak Sahoo

Friday, January 18, 2019 5:11 AM

Answers

• Yes, if that's the case, then it is not possible to update on SharePoint OOTB.
    • Marked as answer by Roopak Sahoo Wednesday, January 23, 2019 2:06 PM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2019 1:23 PM

All replies

• Hi

If you want to add the image from another sharepoint online site, you can use "From Link" instead of "From SharePoint." as "From SharePoint" option supports to add image inside the current SharePoint Online site.

• Edited by Tina YiMVP Friday, January 18, 2019 6:09 AM
    Friday, January 18, 2019 6:08 AM
  • Hi Tina,

I have tried this option but for that we need to copy a link of the image by visiting to a different site collection where the image is stored and then i need to come back to my current site collection and then use the "From Link" option

which i don't want, i don't want to move out from my current site collection page.

and even the option which you are telling will not work if a user is not having the required permission on the image library on a different site collection and the same image is added here.

Kindly let me know if you have any other way.

Thanks

Roopak Sahoo

Friday, January 18, 2019 7:16 AM
  • Hi

You can use insert image ->From SharePoint, input the whole URL of the image which is in another site collection at the "Location (URL)", and then click Insert button, then the image will be added to the current site collection page.

Sunday, January 20, 2019 5:30 PM
  • Hi Tina,

Thanks for the information, as already discussed copying the exact url, need manual effort of building the entire url or copying it from the source location.

User don't want to put the effort of manual building of image url or copying from other location, user want to be on the same page and then want to insert the image from other site collection.

Just we need to update the user that it is not possible OOTB.

Kindly let me know your view on the same.

Thanks

Roopak Sahoo

Monday, January 21, 2019 3:24 PM
  • Yes, if that's the case, then it is not possible to update on SharePoint OOTB.
    • Marked as answer by Roopak Sahoo Wednesday, January 23, 2019 2:06 PM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2019 1:23 PM