none
Is it possible to extract a master plan with its subprojects in a MPP? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have built a master plan with several sub projects to manage an IT program. In this way we have defined a role segmentation in which every project manager works on its project, that is one of the sub projects, only the Program Manager and the Project Management Office can access the master plan.

This plan has to be shared with our customer, and we'd like to export the whole plan in a MPP maintaining all the relationship among tasks without create problems with the PWA version of the plan.

I tried to use the export function from ms project to save a standalone MPP, but the client version maintain all the links and I find duplicated links on online version.

Does it exist a way, for example by macro, to create a standalone version (MPP) of the plan containing the whole plan (master plan + subprojects)?

Many thanks.

Mauro

Thursday, January 18, 2018 3:07 PM

All replies

• I dont know of a macro to do this and I doubt one exist.

Basically you will need to put all the projects and master project in the same folder and then relink all the subprojects to the master and update any other cross project links that you had when they were online.

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Friday, January 19, 2018 4:04 AM
  • Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, your indication can't be the best solution for me, in fact I need to send to my customer only one file with the whole plan (master plan + subprojects) and I'd like to avoid spending much effort doing that, considering that I should send this mpp once a week.

Perhaps, I could write a macro with vba for ms project to automate this process. Do you know if there are vba functions that allow this operation or if they exist examples to solve similar needs?

Many thanks in advance

Mauro

Friday, January 19, 2018 1:24 PM