none
Create ISO to install my software in the foreground and leave Windows in the background RRS feed

• Question

• I have been for some time already trying without any success to create an ISO image with the Windows 7 Embedded plus the content of an application I'm developing. The goal is to achieve while installing the DVD in a computer to install both things, my software and the Windows, but when you execute to show from the start the menu of my application and the Windows just to be executed in the background, due to my application should run in Windows, but it shouldn't run in the start Windows like it would usually do in a common computer. I have a complet DVD of Windows 7. I started from a Windows XP version in which with a I386 folder and the files BOOTSECT.BIN, WIN51IP and WIN51IP.SP3 plus the .wim and the .wim.sig of my application worked as I commented. Also it included the startnet.cmd modified and other files modified in the folder i386/System32. The problem is I'm not being able to emulate it for Windows 7 Embedded due to the structure I find is different, those folders doesn't exist or those files and I don't know where to put my application files to get it to behave when I install as I commented.

Could you help me please?

Thank you very much.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:53 PM

All replies

• Check out my reply in the other forum.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:51 PM
  • Hi Sean,

I have seen your reply in the other forum, I'll try what you say. Thank you very much.

Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:53 AM