How to export SharePoint List data with images to PowerPoint RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have an unusual situation. I have a business requirement to track project data which includes images on a SharePoint list. Which is no problem. The catch is that since management is used to seeing this in a slide show, I need to then transfer all that project data, including the images to a PowerPoint for presentation. Do you guys know of a way to do that? I am able to export to spreadsheet but that seems to drop the image, and then I have no idea how to get it from SharePoint to Spreadsheet or from SharePoint, to Excel including images, then to Powerpoint.

Innovative ideas are welcome. Thank you

BA Gracie

Friday, January 30, 2009 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Gracie,

The project data stores in a list, but Hyperlink or Picture column don't store the image objects itself, so you cannot export it to a Excel document easily.

You may need to insert the images from the SharePoint Picture Libraries manually.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

-lambert

Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 8:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Gracie,

The project data stores in a list, but Hyperlink or Picture column don't store the image objects itself, so you cannot export it to a Excel document easily.

You may need to insert the images from the SharePoint Picture Libraries manually.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

-lambert

Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 8:41 AM
  • Another options is to create a power point template in Office 2007. Define the place holders for content (including images) in the power point template. Then programmatically read the sharepoint list (including images) and bind the content to the power point. By this way you can create a power point on the fly, from sharepoint. This is technically feasible.  Refer Chapter 9 of EdHild's book.

http://blogs.msdn.com/edhild/pages/pro-sharepoint-solution-development-combining-net-sharepoint-and-office-2007.aspx
    This architecture patterns is clearly dealt there.

Sundar Narasiman
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 9:20 AM