none
Unable to navigate to PWA - "An item with the same key has already been added" RRS feed

• Question

• Suddenly my PWA 2013 started showing the error below (extracted from Event Viewer)

Event code: 3005 
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 
    Event time: 11/25/2013 12:37:05 PM 
    Event time (UTC): 11/25/2013 2:37:05 PM 
    Event ID: 347fe626e1274a4a96fb2afc7e537b44 
    Event sequence: 194 
    Event occurrence: 193 
    Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/3/ROOT/bea8a2b7b12941f1bc7b6a7ea02f25b6-1-130298629694620451 
        Trust level: Full 
        Application Virtual Path: /bea8a2b7b12941f1bc7b6a7ea02f25b6 
        Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\WebServices\Shared\ProjectServer\ 
        Machine name: XXXX

Process information: 
        Process ID: 6040 
        Process name: w3wp.exe 
        Account name: XXXX\svc.sharepoint.app 

Exception information: 
        Exception type: ArgumentException 
        Exception message: An item with the same key has already been added.
       at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.OnAsyncEventCompletion(IAsyncResult ar)

Request information: 
        Request URL: http://XXXX:32843/bea8a2b7b12941f1bc7b6a7ea02f25b6/PSI/psiserviceapp.svc 
        Request path: /bea8a2b7b12941f1bc7b6a7ea02f25b6/PSI/psiserviceapp.svc 
        User host address: ::1 
        User:  
        Is authenticated: False 
        Authentication Type:  
        Thread account name: XXXX\svc.sharepoint.app 

Thread information: 
        Thread ID: 16 
        Thread account name: XXXX\svc.sharepoint.app 
        Is impersonating: False 
        Stack trace:    at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.OnAsyncEventCompletion(IAsyncResult ar)

I've been searching for some clue about it but wasn't able to find anything really close to my problem. Any tips?

Monday, November 25, 2013 6:35 PM

Answers

• Found a fix for it.
    It was a problem with the User Profile Service Application. I just managed to start it correctly and the problem is now gone.

Thanks Mohammed for your time and effort.

Friday, November 29, 2013 11:13 AM

All replies

• Hello Andre,

Generally this may be related to the orphan PWA entries. However, could you please let us know of any recent changes and the exact version of the Project Server you are on? Also, please enable the verbose ULS logs from the Central Admin>Monitoring>Configure Diagnostic Logging and set the Project Server to Verbose for both Least Critical Event log and Trace Log and repro the issue and share the verbose ULS logs.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:28 PM
  • Hello Mohammed.

Thanks for your reply.

Few days ago, we had almost all of our SharePoint Sites stopped due to an account password expiration. Just after I reset the password of this account, the PWA started showing the problem I reported. We are using SharePoint 2013 and Project Server 2013. Please find below the link to the log file you asked me.

[REMOVED]

If you need anything else please let me know.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 6:48 PM
  • Thanks for the ULS logs Andre.

Below is the excerpts of the verbose ULS logs.

Getting Error Message for Exception System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 bytes of the response were: '<!DOCTYPE html>  <html>      <head>

Application error when access /PWA/default.aspx, Error=The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. 
     at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()   
     at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout) 

The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.

Could you please disable the IIS Static & Dynamic compression and check the issue?

Could you please follow the below steps and change the Farm admin account password on the server which hosts the Central Administration.
    1. From Start -> All programs -> Microsoft Sharepoint 2013 Products -> "Sharepoint 2013 Management shell"
    2. Type the command "set-spmanagedaccount domain\farmadminaccount
    3. This will prompt for a confirmation, press "Y"
    4. Restart IIS
    5. with this step, it will fetch the information from AD and update, however this might even give problem on specific applications.
    6. Open IIS, check the Application Pools which uses the farm admin account and follow the process.
    a. Select the Application pools right click -> Advanced Settings.
    b. Under Identity -> double click the account, in the window, provide farm admin credentials.
    c. After doing this step for the sites associated with sharepoint/project, restart IIS
    7. Getback to powershell and execute the command
    set-spmanagedaccount -useexistingpassword
    prompted for Identity: domain\farmadminaccount
    Existingpassword:give the password

I hope this helps...

Thanks,

Mohammed.

• Edited by Mohammed Ayub B Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:52 PM additional
    • Proposed as answer by Mohammed Ayub B Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:53 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by André Morata Friday, November 29, 2013 11:14 AM
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:49 PM
  • Found a fix for it.
    It was a problem with the User Profile Service Application. I just managed to start it correctly and the problem is now gone.

Thanks Mohammed for your time and effort.

Friday, November 29, 2013 11:13 AM
  • Hello

I know the question was posted a long time ago but I also had this problem and maybe my solution can hel others.

I got this error when there is more than one event handler registered for the same event. For example if you have two event handlers on Proejct Created.

Friday, March 6, 2015 6:48 AM