none
IE 11 will not load pages - random machines at randome times. RRS feed

• Question

• I have 20 or so Windows 7 systems running IE11 latest update.

At anytime given time during the day, any of the machines will stop being able to access internal or external sites. IE will spin and not load the page, closing out and bringing it back up does not help. Does not matter what page you try to access it just spins. Verified we had a good solid internet connection by going out using a different browser with no issues. Reset IE 11 back to factory defaults, cleared out cache.  Tried using IE no add -ons mode. no matter what we do it will not load a page. But, once we restart everything is fine. We do restart our computers in the evening before leaving for the day.  This problem will pop up at random. Some times twice a day, some times 3 times a week. It never happens at the same time as other systems on our network. We are connected vie wire connection (no wls). Verified it was not a firewall issue. Any help ideas what it could be?

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Have your tried to check if proxy server exits when the issue occurs as I mentioned in last post? What is the result after you checking?

If there is no proxy server exists, we consider the issue may be caused by a virus or the 3rd party software. Please first scan the virus in safe mode. If there is no result after you scanning, please pay attention to opening the Task Manager when the issue happened. Try to disable the 3rd party process and then reset Internet Explorer. After that, check the issue again.

We are waiting for the result after you checking.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 1:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

After reading your issue, I would like to confirm one question with you.

You mentioned the issue disappears after you restart the system. However, I would like to know whether you restart the system after you reset the Internet Explorer, or restart the system without resetting. For some reasons, the effect will appear after you restart the system when you reset the Internet Explorer.

In addition to that, when the issue occurs, I suggest you check if proxy server exists. The webpage will not display if you set proxy server incorrectly. Just go to Internet Explorer, and click "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Connections" > "LAN Settings" > Uncheck "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

Also, please tell us the error message you received when the webpage could not be displayed in Internet Explorer.

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:23 AM
  • once we restart everything is fine.

Any help ideas what it could be?

That's a common symptom of interference by a security package trying to implement a pseudo proxy.

Use  PowerShell  Get-NetTCPConnection | sort RemotePort  for clues (e.g. before you try your current workaround of restarting the machine.)

Then for a different tack for a workaround try killing the program which is responsible for creating the blockage.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 9:00 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Simon,

The issue will disappears after a restart whether we reset IE 11 back to the factory defaults or not. The reboot is what seems to fix the issue.

There is no error. IE will just spin non stop.

Monday, November 30, 2015 2:18 PM
  • When all else fails and restoring it to the default settings doesn't work, I usually give Microsoft's FixIt tools a shot. 

Internet Explorer - FixIt

This is an easy tool use and will give you a little feedback of what it finds.

Thanks!

- Vanum

Monday, November 30, 2015 2:55 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Have your tried to check if proxy server exits when the issue occurs as I mentioned in last post? What is the result after you checking?

If there is no proxy server exists, we consider the issue may be caused by a virus or the 3rd party software. Please first scan the virus in safe mode. If there is no result after you scanning, please pay attention to opening the Task Manager when the issue happened. Try to disable the 3rd party process and then reset Internet Explorer. After that, check the issue again.

We are waiting for the result after you checking.

Best Regards

Simon

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 1:20 AM