none
Cannon PIXMA MP760 printer/scanner not recognised as a scanner

Question

• I have a Cannon PIXMA MP760 printer/scanner, the Windows Fax & Scan does not recognise this as a scanner
    There is no help or support from the application

Is this a driver problem, if so how and where can you get the correct drivers to fix

Can anyone help

Monday, May 13, 2013 8:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• If there is no Windows 8 driver, try with the one for Windows 7 http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp760#DriversAndSoftware
    Monday, May 13, 2013 9:25 AM
  • If there is no Windows 8 driver, try with the one for Windows 7 http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp760#DriversAndSoftware
    Try installing driver in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Thanks ! Jayawardhane

Monday, May 13, 2013 9:37 AM
  • I'm having a similar problem and all drivers are present.  Windows10 seems to not handle the concept if a 3in1 device.  I can print, even though Windows10 says there is no printer, but I have not been able to receive a scan by Wifi or USB cable.
    Sunday, September 20, 2015 10:36 PM
  • Windows 10 completely working Canon PIXMA MP760 setup

After try and error I am finally successful with installing a complete working printer and scanner.

The working method was; all drivers installed in unsigned drivers environment (don’ t know if this was important.)

Now the following is installed and only working after a restart

assumable this was the order of installation:

1-      Log in with unsigned drivers environment

2-      Turn Printer on

3-      MP760 MP Driver Win7-64bit, v.6.20, 16-10-09 (this is supposedly incl. ScanGear) If not; install ScanGear)

4-      My Printer Ver.3.3.0, 64-bit, 08-01-16

5-      Discontinued - Win 7 (64-bit), Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module, v.1.10, 10-06-10

6-      Discontinued - Win 7 (64-bit), MP Navigator, v.1.17, 10-06-10

7-      Restart

I have downloaded all my drivers from Canon and renamed. But from the name you can  find the proper download.

iCopy is a quick way to see if the scanner can be found.

Let me know if this works for you and sead the word...

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:40 PM