file and folder deletion in windows 10 OUTLOOK 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have files in a folder marked for deletion. Purge items marked for deletion does not remove them.  When I try to delete the folder I get an error message saying: "cannot delete folder ...  possibly it was not removed from your subscription list".   I have verified my permissions are set correctly. Is there a way to manually delete the IMAP folder from my "subscription list", if so how do I do it, or might there be another way of deleting these files and its folder. Thanks !!!
    Monday, August 28, 2017 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you delete the folder if we log onto the webmail interface of your email account?

Besides, we may try to unsubscribe to the IMAP folder and then try deleting it to see the result. To do this, please follow:

1. Right-click on the email address and choose the IMAP Folders command. The "IMAP Folders" window opens.
    Click Query.
    2. Select the desired folder then click Unsubscribe. An icon appears next to each subscribed folder.
    3. Repeat for any additional folders, as desired.
    4. Click OK to close the window.

Please let us know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:46 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Thanks for your response   ....  

Using the  IMAP Folders and then Query (as you suggest above) resolved my problem .  FYI, under the ALL tab the subject folder/files do not appear but when I selected the SUBSCRIBED tab the offensive folder/file was there and I was able to get rid of it.     THANKS !!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:26 PM
  • Good for you! Thank you for the confirmation.

By the way, could you help mark the reply that helps as the answer, so that it will be easy for other community members to quickly find the verified method? Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:46 AM