none
Resource Analysis criteria in project server 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In project server 2010, I have done resource analysis using a custom field created , say Role.

Can I do the resource analysis based ont he resource technology and experience level.

For example, for a project I need .net 5 yr experienced etc. can I set the resource plan like that and can I do the resource analysis with the technology and yrs of experience?

Thanks, Lovely

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hello Lovely Rose

Hi, it sounds as though you need to set up generic resources, eg a Generic Resource for each Role (.net dev, Business Analyst etc). When you setup the Role resource ECF field, you can check the "use this field to match resources" checkbox, and then you will be able to use the Match button in the Build Team functionality. It is very timeconsuming to input and update the skill level though, you would need to have 3 Generic Resources for each role, eg Experienced .NET dev, Intermediate .NET dev, Beginner .NET dev, and the 3 similiar roles. Then you need to associate a role with each real resource. So it's possible, but often there is too much info to pragmatically keep upto date.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:40 PM