none
Custom Indexing Connector: Finder or IdEnumerator methods not invoked RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a custom indexing connector. I downloaded the MyFileConnector sample and it works fine. I can attach to mssdmn.exe and step thru the code as well. I noticed that the Finder method, GetRootFolders is never invoked at all. Sharepoint directly calls the SpecificFinder method for the url provided as a Start Address in the Content Source and then it calls the GetSubFolders AssociationNavigator method and continues to crawl. According to MSDN, it should first call the Finder method that has a RootFinder property. If that doesn't exist, it should call the IdEnumerator method. I removed the RootFinder prop and implemented the IdEnumerator but it still didn't make a difference. Has anyone ever had a similar experience? Why doesn't the Finder method get called at all?

Thanks,

-Erkan

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hello Erkan,

I have a similar experience. Did you find a solution? Documentation is a little bit poor here.
    Regards.
    ---
    Joachim

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:46 PM
  • Ha,

for the sake of completeness, the IdEnumerator or the Root-finder doesn't get called, because the Identity-Property of the MyFileLobUri is nerver null. Ich you assign null the RootFinder or IdEnumeration (in that precedence) gets called correctly.

Regards
    ---
    Joachim

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:19 PM