To many KPIs to create RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!, I'm working in a balanced score cards project, I have almost 300 people, each of them have 25 KPIs, then that's a lot of work, making all of those KPIs to generate the final scorecard for each person, is there a way to simplify the creation of almost 7500 KPIs?. I've been looking for a solution of this with no result, any help will be appreciated.

thks in advanced

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 5:15 PM

Answers

• If you have like 300 data sources then Copy/Paste would be your best tool.

But seriously a change in design would always be better than creating 7500 KPIs. I don't know your implementation's under laying structure but things you can look at would be Dimensional Security, Dynamic Named Sets, User based filter (CustomData) etc.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Dan English Sunday, March 13, 2011 2:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Heidi Tr - MSFT Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:23 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:30 AM

All replies

• What version of PPS are you using?
    -Remember to mark as helpful/the answer if you agree with the post.
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:09 PM
  • Need a little more information. Does each person has already created a KPI? Does each KPI have different measures to guage?

One thing you can try is create an objective KPI with your required measures. Create a filter of people and link your scorecard on 'ROW' with the filter. This would dynamically add KPI rows to scorecard depending on how many persons you have selected in your filter.

If this works for you. You can improvise to use sets and other options to hide the filter and show results as desired.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 10:14 AM
  • Thks for your answers.

Actually, what I'm doing is creating a DataSource for each person wich is a SQL Server view (this was really someone else idea, actually the person who started this project), anyway... each row is considered as a KPI which has its measures, that mean for each row returned I need to create a KPI... and yes, there are almost 300 views, each one is for diferent users. The KPIs can vary from one user to another, the measures are all the same for all the KPIs.

Hope this help, by the way I'm using PerformancePoint 2010

thks

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 8:20 PM
  • If you have like 300 data sources then Copy/Paste would be your best tool.

But seriously a change in design would always be better than creating 7500 KPIs. I don't know your implementation's under laying structure but things you can look at would be Dimensional Security, Dynamic Named Sets, User based filter (CustomData) etc.

• Proposed as answer by Dan English Sunday, March 13, 2011 2:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Heidi Tr - MSFT Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:23 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:30 AM
  • Thanks Umair indeed copy / paste have become my best friends, a change in design is a better idea , but like I said is something someone else did and I just continued , perhaps in future versions can make the change . By now I was looking for a fast solution.
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:26 PM