try remote from linux powershell wot einods server RRS feed

• Question

• I have done the following steps on Windows server

winrm set winrm/config/Service/Auth @{Basic="true"}

winrm set winrm/config/Service @{AllowUnencrypted="true"}

on linux centos 7

in powershell I tryed

$creds = Get-Credential

Enter-PSSession -ComputerName target server ip  -Authentication Negotiate -Credential $creds

get the following error  

Enter-PSSession : Connecting to remote server target server ip failed with the following error message : acquiring creds with username only failed Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information SPNEGO cannot find mechanisms to negotiate For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

Not sure what I am missing please assist

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 8:18 PM

All replies

• You would have to enable and connect with CredSSP however this is not yet available from Linux.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 8:25 PM
  • You would have to enable and connect with CredSSP however this is not yet available from Linux.

\_(ツ)_/

Just clarify I am tring to powershell remote access from linux to windows see this url as example https://blog.quickbreach.io/ps-remote-from-linux-to-windows/
    • Edited by franco2017 Wednesday, September 4, 2019 8:33 PM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 8:33 PM
  • Does you version of PowerShell support this method and have you enabled and tested NTLM on the Windows target.

For Linux specific issues you should post in a Linux PowerShell forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 8:36 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Friday, October 4, 2019 8:45 AM