WMI connection failed using the 'domain.local\administrator' credential with error 'Access is denied. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to run the MAP tool for a virtualization assessment at a new location.  I'm using a recently loaded laptop with all the prereqs for MAP 3.1.  Of the 19 servers 16 are all in a single domain.  The collection laptop is in a workgroup.  I scheduled the first collection for 4 days and just stopped by to review the results.  The excel spreadsheet only shows Access Denied for each machine.  I see a lot of these in the logs:

<UIConsole 12:54:08> Error: WMI data collection failed while Collecting WMI data for device <computername-removed>.

Error:
    WMI connection failed using the 'domain.local\administrator' credential with error 'Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))'

I retried this with another set of local admin credentials with the same result.  I checked that the firewalls on the servers are disabled.  I checked the remote registry serice is started.  Thats pretty much all that is in the list for requirements for running the performance collection.

I haven't been back to do any testing with wbemtest.  Are there any other tools or services I should look at?
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

"wbemtest" is the best tool to use to check how valid your credentials are.  Would you please test with it first and let us know the results?  This will help us troubleshoot further.

Thank you,
    Baldwin Ng (MAP)
    BNg
    Friday, October 24, 2008 4:27 AM